Here is the flyer for the 2013 Mighty Ram Band Kick-Off Camp! More information will be coming soon!
Congratulations to all 4 Berkner bands as they all received straight 1′s for their performances in the 2013 South Coast Music Festival!! Berkner was the only school to have all competing bands get straight 1′s. Special congratulations go to Symphonic II, III & Concert I as they each received Best in Class! Symphonic I was runner-up to Pearce. All told, all the directors were very well pleased with all the performances especially considering the circumstances. Bravo!!
New Band Fund Raiser Will Change How We Fund Raise! – No more selling
Introducing Scrip – Gift cards, many of which can be reloaded, are a convenient way to purchase almost any product or service.
Imagine if each time you purchased something from Lowes, Home Depot, Target, Subway or Central Market (click here for a complete list), the Berkner Band received 2% – 8% of the amount you spent. That is exactly how the Scrip program works!
Below is a more detailed view of this exciting new fund raising opportunity.
What is Scrip?
- A year-round fund raising opportunity sponsored by Great Lakes Scrip Center
- Berkner Band supporters buy Gift cards, many of which are reloadable
- Cards are purchased and spent for face value
- No cost to users
- The Berkner Area Band Club (BABC) receives 2% – 20% of the value
- Nothing to sell or bother friends, family and neighbors
- The program is available to anyone. With or without Band Kids.
- The program works at many of the places you use every day:
- Hundreds of others . . .
- Click Here for program details and a complete list of participating outlets
- This program has the potential to change the Berkner Band program significantly.
How to Get Started
- Register at www.shopwithscrip.com
- When asked for payment method, please select the Presto Pay option only
- The BABC enrollment code is L7BF85643635L
- Upon completion of the set up process, two things will happen
- Scrip will make 2 small deposits into your checking account (10 cents or less). Usually 2 days or less.
- You will receive a confirmation email with an approval code
- Email BerknerAreaBandClub [at] gmail [dot] com with your approval code
- You are now all set to order new cards and/reload existing cards
- BABC will now receive 2% – 20% of your gift card purchases
- Its that easy!
- Once again, we are only using the Presto Pay payment option at this time. No checks or cash.
Here is How it Works
- Visit www.shopwithscrip.com to place your card order
- New cards ordered by Wednesday evening at 11:59 PM will be distributed the following Thursday between 6:00 and 8:00 PM in the band hall.
- Reloadable cards can be reloaded at any time and used the next day
For More Details
- Contact Sean Husson, BABC Coordinator for the Scrip program
- Email: BerknerAreaBandClub [at] gmail [dot] com
- Phone: (469) 569-7223
- Here is a list of products and services: http://www.shopwithscrip.com/Shop/default.aspx
- See this Family User Guide
The Berkner Bands are proud to report that all 4 bands which competed in the recent UIL Concert and Sight-reading contest received a rating of I in both Concert and Sight-Reading activities! These ratings combined with the Band’s Fall Marching Contest rating of I continue the band’s tradition of UIL Excellence for over 40 years!
We are all very proud of our students’ accomplishments!
Here are the nominations for the Band Booster Club Officers for 2013-2014 school year:
|Band Board Positions||2012-2013||2013-2014|
|Band Director||Frank Troyka||Frank Troyka|
|President||Kellie & John Sweeden||Andrea Roberts,Margie Roche|
|Chaperones & Volunteers||Steve & Darlene Marquart||Tricia Bard|
|Fundraising||Andrea Roberts; Gerrilyn Hill||Gerrilyn Hill, Taressa Anderson|
|Publicity||Kirby Oulela||Vicki Horton|
|Hospitality – Special Events||Kathy Golio ; Lisa Steeves||Kathy Golio, Pam Haber|
|Hospitality – Football Games||Tim & Gena Meeks||Brian & Laurel Tooley|
|Hospitality – Competitions||Anthony & Tangela Parker||Anthony & Tangela Parker|
|Hospitality – Gameday Dinners||Barbara Miller||Cassie Perez|
|Uniforms||Renee Cox, Brigitte Olson, & Peggy Williams||Brigitte Olson, Peggy Williams|
|Private Lessons||Mary Jo Fear||Barbie Bardon|
|Ways & Means – Spirit Items||Scott McCray||Bill & Linda Patterson|
|Ways & Means – Buttons & Ads||Kim Dickerson||Darlene Marquart|
|Webmaster||Bryan Dickerson||Steve Marquart|
|Logistics||Sean Husson||Sean Husson|
|Secretary||Janet Asher||Kirby Oulela|
|Treasurer||Dennis Walker||Fely Eichenberger|
|Student Accounts||Phyllis McCray||Pete Kieper|
In tonight’s 5A State Marching Contest finals, Berkner finished 9th out of 10 bands competing. Berkner wishes to congratulate L.D. Bell for finishing 3rd, Hebron for finishing 2nd and Flower Mound Marcus for winning the Grand Champion trophy. Mr. Troyka was more than pleased as the band performed very well and finishing as well as we did in this company of high caliber bands is a huge honor. The band was also honored to have Mr. Griffen come down to see the Mighty Ram Band perform.
The band will head back to Richardson tonight and plans to be back around 5:30 am.
Congratulations to the Mighty Ram Band on their outstanding performance last night at the UIL Region 3 Marching Contest garnering a ranking of I from all 3 judges! Mr. Troyka said that the band’s performance was received very well by both judges and the crowd of spectators. This year’s ranking makes the 42nd straight year that the Mighty Ram Band has received an excellent rating of I at UIL Regional Marching Contest.
The next step is Area Marching contest which will be held at Mesquite Memorial Stadium on Saturday, October 27th. 5A Area Marching contest will pit all bands receiving a rating of I from Regions 3, 20 and 21. The top bands from the Finals performance will get the opportunity to march at the State UIL Marching Contest on Tuesday, November 6th in San Antonio, TX at the Alamodome. The band’s performance time has not yet been set, so keep checking back as we will update the calendar, website, Facebook and Twitter with more information as it is received.
Please click here for the 2012-2013 Mighty Ram Band Member Handbook.